For the pork:
2 tbsp olive oil 275g/9¾oz pork fillet
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mash:
1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
1 splash full fat milk
1 knob unsalted butter
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard salt
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof sauté pan.
- Season the pork then fry for 4 minutes to seal all over.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water. Season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Boil the potato for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the potato then return it to the pan off the heat.
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow to rest.
- Mash the potato with the milk and butter, then stir in the mustard.
- Slice the pork on the diagonal and serve alongside the mash.